Wenning House, Forge Lane, Halton, Lancashire, LA2 6RH and/or various work related sites
Position reports to
Job purpose summary
As an Engineer/Developer you will be expected to perform duties as indicated in this document. This is not an exhaustive list and you may be requested to perform other duties by your line manager.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- High utilisation of fee earning capacity
- Reporting to line manager
- Task completion
- Accurate time recording (timesheets)
- Using standard business software such as Microsoft office and outlook
- Communicating clearly and liaising verbally and in writing between customers, suppliers, visitors, enquirers and relevant staff.
- Maintaining regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Pursuing personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Ensuring compliance with the company ‘Employee Handbook’
- Maintaining Data Amendment authorisation
- Ensuring the clearance of any documentation updates personally submitted to AMS
- Responsible for backup, of your own work
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- Preparing product documentation, writing reports
- Working with colleagues to design new systems, circuits and devices or develop existing technology
- Supervising technicians and craftspeople and other colleagues
- Maintaining test records and usage of the repairs database
- Detailed knowledge of Power station systems
- Following health & safety requirements
- Conducting good housekeeping practices
- Accurate completion of time sheets
- Generation of design, drawings and operation instructions
- Manage one’s own work load
- Recording, analysing and interpreting test data
- Writing technical reports and specifications
- Fault finding and report writing
Experience and specific skills
- A high level of technical knowledge and IT skills.
- The ability to translate complex ideas into clear concepts.
- Creativity, innovation and attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and commercial awareness.
- Organisational, project management and leadership skills.
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Using standard business software such as Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge in basic functioning of an office environment.
- Good writing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as, computers, copiers, calculators, printers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Time management skills.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Be flexible in line with the company’s work requirements.
- Demonstrate sound work ethic
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Organised, logical and methodical approach.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility. Busy periods may require longer working hours.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Discretion when handling confidential and highly sensitive information.
competitive salary and benefits package based on skills/experience