Like Technologies Limited believes that staff development and learning should be an integral part of the organisations strategic planning so that staff can perform their individual jobs effectively and, in doing so, ensure that the organisation achieves its business objectives.
Like Technologies Ltd is committed to achieving its business objectives through its people. The Company will achieve this by adopting a policy of best practice in all people management procedures.
The principal objectives of the Training Policy are to ensure that:
- An induction programme is held with new staff to familiarise themselves with the organisation, get to know others and become more quickly at ease in a new work environment. This will also include Company Policies, staff introductions, working practices and procedures.
- An environment is provided where continuous development can take place and where staff are supported and enabled to meet the changing demands and priorities of Like Technologies and its customers.
- An environment where learning and development needs will be regularly reviewed and staff will be encouraged to play an active part in identifying their own learning needs.
- Coaching in immediate work processes and tasks and for inducting new staff into the organisation will be the responsibility of the appropriate line manager or supervisor. Individual staff learning needs will be identified with the line manager during regular supervision sessions and the yearly appraisal process. Collective learning needs will be identified with the line manager during regular supervision sessions and the yearly appraisal process. Collective learning needs may be identified within staff groups or teams and discussed with the appropriate line manager.
- Succession planning and suitably qualified experienced people are in line with our business and customers requirements.
Individual Line Managers/Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that this policy is applied within their own departmental area. The HR department should be consulted before action is taken and can be contacted to answer any queries relating to the application or interpretation of this policy.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis and the Company reserves the right to change any of the provisions set out in this document from time to time, as may be required.
Position: Managing Director